June 3, 2013

Friend Makin' Monday!

I originally logged on to post a "regular" entry about my weight goal for the week, but saw this in my feed from Liz at The Shrinking Owl and thought it might be fun to do instead! I used to love answering survey questions when I was younger (you remember the ones - those awful chain e-mails that got sent to everyone on your e-mail list), so why not partake again?


"If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!"
Summer Fun
1.  What is your favorite summer fruit?  Grapes! I loooove grapes. Could eat them by the dozen. I've never tried frozen grapes though, which I've heard is a lovely summer treat. Will have to try that this year! 
2.  Do you know how to swim?  Sort of? I get the gist of it and I can do the very basic strokes, but I am a very poor swimmer. If I get thrown off of a boat, I'm probably doomed. Might be why I don't go out on boats! Despite not being a very good swimmer, I love hanging out at the beach and in the pool, I just don't tend to do much but wade in the water and jump around a whole lot. 
3.  Do you prefer sun or snow?  I think snow is magical looking, and the first snowfall or two each year is an exciting time, but Canadian winters are long and unforgiving. I love having a variety of seasons here, but I prefer the sun. :) 
4.  What temperature do you like most inside your home?  We don't have a fancy digital thermometer in our apartment so I have no idea what it would be numerically, but I know I like to keep it around 71 - 72ºF at work? So probably around there. I prefer it to be cooler, especially in the summer, so you get that awesome wall of heat when you step outside (and vice versa with the cold). 
5.  Is it humid where you live?  Not today, thank goodness. Yesterday brought a whoooole lot of torrential rain so it cooled things off substantially. The past week has been awful, though, and our summers usually are quite humid. 
6. What is your favorite food to put on the grill?  Oh man... Well, it's changed since becoming a vegetarian, but I used to always love grilled steak and "baked" potatoes. Fond memories there. Now though, I like grilling just about anything. Can't go wrong with a grilled veggie burger! 
7. Do you prefer to wear a one-piece  or two-piece swim suit?  I actually haven't owned a one-piece since before my teens, but I'd probably be much more comfortable in one! I used to have a tankini, but a couple of years ago when my fiancé and I went to Florida for the first time, I forced myself to buy a bandeau bikini and it was sooo comfy. Sadly, it broke and I bought a regular ol' bikini which I've worn twice? I don't have anywhere near a bikini body and this makes me avoid situations in which I would wear it. :( But they're more comfortable, gosh darn it! 
8.  What is your favorite summer drink?  I'm a margarita gal, through and through! Love me that lime and tequila. 
9.  Do you prefer the pool or the ocean?  Only been to the ocean once and it was great! Where I live it's more like the lake, and I think I'd have to say I prefer going to the beach than the pool. Pools tend to be cleaner but the environment isn't as fun and natural. I love the combination of sand, sun, and big expanses of water. So relaxing. 
10.  What are you looking forward to most over the summer?  I haven't actually thought much about it yet! We are going camping with my friends at the beginning of August, and that's always a blast. Nothing beats the drunken outdoors and sitting by a fire. To be honest, the only thing I'm really looking forward to at the moment is getting a bit of colour since I go pasty white over the winter. And I guess planning our wedding. :) 

There! Hopefully you've enjoyed reading something a little bit different than I usually post, it was certainly fun posting it. Leave a comment and let me know what you get up to in the summer time, especially if you're around the GTA! I've got a ridiculously short attention span and am always looking for new things to get out and do. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment